This Egg Avocado sandwich is truly a nice choice for your kid’s lunch box, made with avocado, scrambled eggs and packed with flavour!
Do you ever have those days, when you really can’t decide what to pack for your fussy eater’s lunchbox, then you can see a ripe avocado lying in your refrigerator, that is your ” Eureka” moment of the day! Trust me, I had one of those. Take a moment to look at what you are creating and smile to yourself with a pride; )
If your kids love sandwich like my daughter does, then they will definitely love this sandwich.
Try this Avocado egg sandwich recipe, let me know what you think! and try my other sandwich recipe too! If you love the dish or any other dishes from this website, please take a picture and share on any of my social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). This will give me an understanding and inspiration of my work.
Here is my Egg Avocado Sandwich recipe.
- 4 bread slices of your choice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 small sliced red onion
- ¼ tsp minced ginger
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp dried Italian herb mix
- ½ of an Avocado ( ripe)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
- ½ tsp hot sauce ( you can adjust the amount according to your taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2tbsp Butter
- To cook the eggs, add herb mix and black pepper to the eggs and whisk everything together.
- Preheat your frying pan over medium heat, add oil and butter, let the butter melt.
- Reduce the heat to low, add minced ginger and garlic, give a quick stir and add sliced onion, sprinkle salt and continue to cook until the onion softens and develop golden brown colour.It will take 4-5 minutes time, meanwhile, you can make your spread.
- When onion is cooked, pour the egg into the pan and using a wooden spoon, constantly move the egg around.The egg will take a few minutes or so to cook, remove from heat and transfer them to a plate.
- To make the spread, add the avocado in a small bowl, mash it with the back of a fork, add lemon juice, both types of sauce, salt, stir everything together. Set it aside.
- To assemble the sandwiches, take two bread slices, smear the avocado spread on both pieces of bread, top one bread with egg, then top with the other slice, if you want, cut in the triangle and enjoy!
Recipe by: Shyamali Sinha