Palong Shaak Bhaja or Sauteed Spinach flavoured with Indian spices
This quick and easy Spinach dish is an excellent green leafy addition to your daily meal. you can enjoy the dish as a part of Bengali meal or as a side dish. Palong Shak Bhaja is very common in Bengali meal. Because This recipe is a little bit different from regular one. I have made a small tweak on this recipe to serve perfectly in this Festive season.
- 2 cups Baby spinach( 100gm)
- ¼ cup Green peas
- Almond/ peanuts
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 Green chilies slit
- 1 tbsp Fresh cream
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg powder
- For tempering, equal portion of ½ Tsp of each of following
- Mustard seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp butter
- Lemon juice
- In preheated frying pan add oil and heat it up.
- Add Mustard seeds, fenugreek, cumin seeds and over medium heat stir for a few seconds to release the aroma from whole spices.
- Add ginger paste and chopped green chilies, keep stirring for another few seconds.
- Add almond, green peas, spinach, salt, and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, cover with a lid and you will see spinach will start releasing water,
- Remove the lid and cook till the water is evaporated.
- Add nutmeg powder, fresh cream, mix everything well.
- If you are serving the dish with baked Chicken or steak, add a teaspoon of butter and squeeze lemon juice.
Recipe by: Shyamali Sinha