Khoi er Moa and Murki is a traditional Bengali sweet dish prepared with Sugarcane jaggery during the festival season. It is specially prepared on the occasion of Lokkhi Puja or Laxmi Puja.
Khoi er Murki is a very good option as breakfast cereals, which can be served with milk or yogurt and fruits.
- 50 gm Khoi or Kheel
- ½ cup powdered sugar cane Jaggery
- Little bit of Ghee to apply on palm
- In a large pot, add Jaggery and a little bit of water.
- Set the pan over medium-high heat and let the jaggery melt, when it’s bubbled up, remove from heat and let it set for 30 seconds.
- Add the popped rice or Khoi, stir to make sure it’s all well combined.
- Take a small portion, roll in between your palm and form a small ball. Repeat the same.
Note: If you don’t get a very good quality of jaggery, then it might be difficult for you to form the balls. In that case, it will not be in shape of truffle which we called Khoi er Moa, rather you can consume it as cereal which we called Kkhoi er Murki.
Recipe by: Shyamali Sinha