This recipe usually prepared with chicken tenders or skin on bone in chicken pieces, and I often make the dish that way. But this time I prepared the dish with chicken breast pieces.I am really satisfied with the end result.
This recipe is ready and on the table in 45 mins. Made with Chicken breast pieces, dried mixed herbs, garlic, yogurt. This fun, guilty pleasure chicken breast recipe is a definite favourite.
This is one that I can make when I need an easy to make a starter for a get together with a small group of friends, or I need a simple weeknight dinner with some side salad. This Fried chicken fingers recipe is also great to serve for lunch.
There are days when I really don’t feel to cook an elaborate meal, I always keep some cooked Dal and Rice in my refrigerator for my 4-year picky eater. Dal, Rice, and Bhaja ( Fish/ Chicken / Vegetable Fry) and sliced onion and cucumber will do a great job to make a Bong (Bengali)Soul happy.
However you serve it, I taste delicious! I hope you love this as much as I did! If you recreate this do share with me on social media.
Prep time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 15 -20 mins
- 600 gm Chicken Breast, cut into finger pieces.
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 ¼ tsp Garlic paste
- 3 Tbsp hot sauce
- ½ sp hot Chilli powder
- 1 ½ tsp Italian Herb mix
- 1 ½ cup All purpose flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil for deep frying.
- Add ½ tsp Italian herb mix, Salt and Pepper to the flour, give a whisk and keep aside.
- Add about 2 tbsp of water to the yogurt and with the help of a fork beat the yogurt.
- In a shallow mixing bowl, mix together Chicken pieces, Italian herb mix, Garlic paste, Chilli powder, Hot sauce, salt and pepper, the beaten yogurt, cover and allow to marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Dredge the Chicken pieces in the flour, shake off extra flour, keep on a plate. Repeat the same for rest.
- In a skillet heat up some oil for deep frying.
- Drop the chicken pieces into the hot oil, make sure do not overcrowd the pan. Over medium to medium-high heat Fry the Chicken fingers in batches for a couple of minutes or until chicken pieces are fully cooked and developed golden brown colour.
- Drain them on a paper towel lined plate and serve with your favourite sauce,
Recipe by: Shyamali Sinha