Spinach omelet sandwich is the easiest sandwich recipe for breakfast and it taste so good that even my 4-year-old peaky eater loves it for her lunch box. I often pack this lunch for my daughter’s kinder, and when a picky eater appreciates this dish, I think I can share my success story with you!
- 4 White breads
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ Tsp ginger paste
- ½ Tsp garlic paste
- ½ Tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard paste or mayonnaise
- ⅛ tsp of hot English mustard(Optional)
- 2 cheese slices
- A few drops of Lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat your frying pan over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs, sprinkle salt, pepper and lemon juice to the eggs and whisk them.
- Add oil in a preheated pan.
- Sprinkle a little bit salt for the spinach, then add ginger paste, garlic paste, and chili flakes, give a quick stir and cook for a few seconds.
- Add chopped spinach, and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Divide the spinach into two portions, save one portion in a bowl.
- Spread the other portion on the pan and add half of beaten eggs.
- Cook each side for 3-4 minutes over medium heat, then flip the other side, cook 2 minutes more and remove from the pan.
- Mix both types of mustard sauce and apply on the one side of each bread.
- Take one piece of bread, top with omelette and cheese slice, then place the other bread.
- You can serve the sandwiches as it is or If you want you can toast the sandwiches in the same pan or the electric toaster.
Recipe by: Shyamali Sinha