during holidays me and my four and half year old daughter we love to bake together. Baking is one of our fun activities to do, and I try to teach her many necessary things through this exercise!
My parenting philosophy is learning through play and plays with a purpose. Last year when we did this activity together, I aimed to teach my daughter colour coordination, counting, shape, not only that, we packed these cookies as edible gifts for our friends! And believe me, the most significant gift we had the beautiful moments and memories!
I hope this real-life story inspire you to bake these cookies! If you try this recipe, please do share me your story too!
So I thought to share the recipe with you.
Serves: 36 pcs
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups M&M choco chips
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F
- Combine together flour, baking soda, salt with a help of a dry spoon and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together butter and both Sugars.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and mix together until getting the creamy texture.
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowl and mix just to combine, do not over-mix.
- With a help of a spoon or ice cream scoop take a portion of the dough and place on the parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Make sure there is at least 2 inches gap between 2 cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 11 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then place on a cooling rack and allow to completely cool.
If you want to store the cookies, transfer them to an airtight container.
Recipe by: Shyamali Sinha