- 3-4 medium-sized boiled potatoes
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ¼ chopped cilantro
- 5-6 slit green chillies (2 for tempering)
- ½ tsp onion seeds
- One dry red chilli
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- One tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- In a preheated skillet heat up the oil over medium heat, make sure your oil is very hot.
- Reduce the heat to low, add onion seeds, increase the heat to medium and give a stir for a couple of seconds, then add dry red chili, followed by two slit green chillies, stir further for a couple of seconds.
- Add boiled potatoes, sprinkle salt over it, then add turmeric powder, cook just for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, over high heat cook just for a minute; this will help to maintain the temperature. Then reduce the heat to medium-high, cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes or till the tomatoes softened.
- Add chopped cilantro, remaining green chilies, sugar, check the salt if required add the salt at this point, then cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, increase the heat high, and let it comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, give 10 minutes standing time and enjoy with Luchi, Poori or Paratha.
Recipe by: Shyamali Sinha