Creamy Mushroom Pasta is inexpensive and easy to make with minimum effort for your weeknight meal or sudden friends over on this festive season. I love quick and easy one pot dishes like this one, that turns into a delicious comforting meal. This is a great pick for your vegetarian meal too! don’t you think so? What is your favourite quick recipe and what do you throw together when you want a quick pasta recipe?
Here is my easy and delicious Mushroom Pasta recipe.
- 400 gm penne pasta
- 10 small cup mushrooms cut in big slices
- 2 ½ tbsp Italian herb mix
- 1 ½ tbsp red chili flakes
- 6-8 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup Fresh cream
- 2 tbsp chopped Sun dried tomato(alternatively you can use tomato paste)
- 3 cup sliced onion
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley(optional)
- Bring the water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
- Add pasta to the boiling water, stir gently and return to the boil.
- Follow the packet instruction and cook until al dente.
- When pasta cooked, then save a cup of pasta stock and drain the rest.
- Next heat up the cooking pan. Add Olive oil and butter in it.
- Add chopped garlic to the pan, stir the butter and garlic till the oil mixture is fragrant.
- Now add the sliced onion into the oil, sprinkle salt just for the onion, continue to cook till it softened and developed a pinkish color.
- Add mushroom into the pan.
- When mushroom developed the golden colour, add a pinch of salt for the mushroom. Please be careful when you are adding the salt, as you are going to add cheese too.
- Add Italian seasonings, chili flakes, sundried tomato, and pepper.
- Mix everything well, add pasta into it.
- Add the stock, cheese, cook for a couple of seconds till the cheese melt,
- Add the cream, give a nice mix, and turn off the heat.
Recipe by: Shyamali Sinha