I love Fried Chicken and who doesn’t love it!!! Especially Korean Crispy Fried Chicken. This spicy, sticky, sweet and sour dish inspired by Korean Crispy Fried Chicken, is one of my favourite dishes for potluck parties or movie time at home with friends, taste divine with a glass of wine or any drink of your choice.
Checkout other party appetiser and snack inspiration here.
Korean Crispy Fried Chicken glazed with sweet and spicy sauce
- 600 gm Chicken - wings
- ⅓ Cup Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 2 tbsp. Peanuts
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil - for sauce and enough oil for deep frying
- ½ tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- ¼ tsp Black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp Salt - or as per taste
- 2 Red chilies - Dried
- 2-3 Garlic cloves - chopped
- 2 tbsp Light Soy sauce
- ½ tsp Tomato sauce
- ½ tsp Hot Chilli sauce
- ½ tsp Red Chilli powder
- ½ tbsp. White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- In a mixing bowl add chicken and all the ingredients for marinating, mix well and keep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, for better result keep it for overnight.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the cornflour and rice flour, salt and black pepper.
- Take one piece of marinated chicken, dredge into flour mix, shake off extra flour and place into a plate.
- Let the chicken sit at room temperature.
- Pour enough oil in a dutch oven or cast iron skillet and bring it up to temperature 350 ° F.
- Add chicken pieces into hot oil, fry them over medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes and remove from oil and let the wings sit for few minutes.
- Reheat oil and fry the chicken pieces again over medium heat for another 12- 14 minutes or until they turn into golden brown.
- In a bowl add soy all type of sauces, honey, sugar and vinegar, with a help of a spoon mix everything together.
- Add peanuts to the hot oil and fry for few seconds.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add chopped garlic and dry chillies and over medium heat stir for few seconds to get flavour from garlic; do not burn garlic.
- Pour sauce mixture into the pan and cook for few minutes to get a thick saucy consistency.
- Add fried chicken pieces to the sauce, with a help of a spoon or wooden spatula mix very well, add peanuts and sesame seeds.