Salmon cooked with ground cumin, green chili paste, and mustard oil, just amazing. Within 15 mins you can put together this delicious curry.
This is the easiest fish curry and rice to satisfy the Bong foodies in my home.
It’s a wonderful dish for your busy weeknight dinners. If you are aware of the hidden beauty of the combination of ground spices, green chili paste, and Mustard oil, then this is the dish for you!
I love recipes like this, simple to do, they don’t require a lot of ingredients, but it showcases the ingredients so, so well.
But let me be honest with you, If you are not familiar cooking with mustard oil probably you won’t enjoy the dish as much as we do because mustard oil has a sharp pungent flavour and it is an acquired taste. but don’t you worry, I have some other fish recipes for you, where you can easily substitute the mustard oil with white oil of your choice.
Here is my Jeere Salmon recipe, I hope you love the recipe as much as we do!
- 4 pcs Salmon (approx 500 gm cut in half)
- 2 tbsp freshly ground cumin powder
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 5-6 green chillies ( make a paste)
- ⅓ cup of water
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Take a heavy duty cooking pot with lid, add Salmon, cumin powder, mustard oil, green chilli paste, salt, sugar, and water, with a help of a spatula mix everything well, cover with the lid and let it marinate for 10 mins.
- Set the pot over high heat, put the lid on and allow the liquid comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cook each side for 5 minutes, then turn the other side.
- Drizzle about a tsp of mustard oil on top and turn of the heat. Give 5 minutes standing time and serve on the bed of rice.
Recipe by: Shyamali Sinha