- 650 gm Chicken thigh fillet cut into bite size pieces
- 2 red capsicums cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium size red onions cut in cubes, and separate the layers.
- 3 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- ¼ cup beaten curd
- 4-5 green chillies slit
- handful chopped coriander leaves
- 3-4 tbsp Mustard oil ( you can use white oil too)
- 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves
- 2 tsp dry red chilli flakes/ chilli powder
- 2 tsp roasted ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- for tempering,
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- In a large mixing bowl combine the chicken pieces, curd, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt and turmeric powder, fold in chicken and stir to coat,
- Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat up a heavy duty cooking pot over high heat and add oil, change the temperature to medium and heat it up.
- Add the tempering, give a stir to release the aroma from the whole spices,
- Add onion pieces, sprinkle salt and over medium high heat fry for a couple of minutes.
- When the raw smell of the onion removed, add the marinated chicken and cook over high heat just for two minutes.
- Then reduce the heat to medium low and cook each side for 6-7 minutes or till the chicken pieces are half way cooked through.
- Add coarsely ground coriander, chilli, over medium heat cook for 2-3 minutes to infuse the aroma of the spices.
- Add capsicum, increase the heat to high, give a stir, then change the heat to medium and cook for a3-4 minutes. Make sure the capsicum should be crunchy, not soggy.
- Add sugar, fenugreek leaves, green chillies, coriander leaves, give a stir, and cook for a couple of minutes to absorb.
Enjoy with rice or bread.
Recipe by: Shyamali Sinha