Narkel Sandesh or Sondesh is a traditional Bengali Sweet recipe. This Coconut Fudge or Barfi, usually prepared during the festive season. This Diwali You can prepare the dish and store in the refrigerator for two weeks.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ tsp freshly ground cardamom powder
- 15-20 pistachios
- 15-20 raisins
- ¼ tsp Ghee
- In a heavy duty pan, add the desiccated coconut, coconut cream and milk give a good stir.
- Set the pan over high heat and let the mixture comes up to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 5 -6 minutes.
- Add Sugar and keep stirring until the sugar is dissolved
- Next, add condensed milk and over medium-low heat continue cooking for about 5-6 minutes.
- Next, add cardamom powder, increase the heat to medium and keep stirring until the mixture thickened up and form a dough.
- Remove from heat.
- Apply little bit Ghee on a plate and transfer and spread the mixture on the prepared plate and allow it to set before cutting into your desired shape.